Exeter Universities’ Radio Stations’ Blog (est. 2009)

www.xpressionfm.com

Contact the Studio: 01392 26 35 68 OR 73568 from your campus phone

Tuesday 26 May 2009

A peek into David Williams mind....

Listening to: Roddy Womble-As I watch your grave (David's choice!)

Ey up chuck,

Before I begin I would like to express my honour at this fantastic opportunity to write for the XpressionFM blog. Even though I’m painfully aware of the fact that I wasn’t the first choice from Blog creator and all round cool dude, Sophie Saint, I shall endeavour to adhere to the high quality that precedes this humble offering. Right then, now that that’s out of the way, it’s on with the show.
Allow me to introduce myself, I’m David (or ‘Dave’ if I’m making a self righteous attempt to appear cooler than my persona allows), and along with Lucy, we’re the Head of Events ’08-’09.

“Head of Events?!? What does that entail?” I imagine you cry. Well, let me educate you (oh yes, this blog is just like school, except with reduced likelihood of a fire drill). As you might expect it basically involves organising random events for XpressionFM on and around campus. I shall now hit you with a few upcoming exciting dates, so prepare yourself...

June 16th-19th: XpressionFM covers Beach Break Live, following Exeter’s got talent winner Owen Dole and the Beats and Bass society as they take over an entire stage for a day. Attempts will also be made to capture the mood of the festival and Exeter student’s experiences, so look out for live broadcasts at specific times during the day, and the inevitable podcasts.


Tuesday 23rd June: XpressionFM provides coverage of Rag Day 2009, where societies all come up with unique ideas of how to make money for Rag’s designated charities.

Wednesday 24th June: Ibiza beach Party in Arena nightclub, 9.30pm-late. This is going to be fantastic, tickets will be £3.00 before the event and £3.50 on the door, look out for posters for more information.

Xpression (and David) promotes responsible drinking... or just arranging colourful cocktails into faces


However, on to the most pressing matter affecting every single one of us right now (especially me, as I’m currently aboard an electric locomotive), personal hygiene on public transport, and specifically trains. As I sit here upon this Cross Country train surrounded by some rather ‘portly to say the least’ gentlemen that have managed to stink out the carriage, I’ve begun to consider some of the crazed policies I may implement when I achieve my dream of being Transport Minister (the long journey’s sent me slightly insane).
Essentially, I don’t think that people should be permitted to board trains if they haven’t showered (or bathed, I’m not a monster) in the previous 12 hours. How is this radio related I hear you cry?!?!


Well it isn’t, but it is the most pressing and dangerous issue that faces XpressionFM listeners, and the rest of the country too. So it is here that I launch my newest campaign, after the supreme failure of “Get Mum’s on Facebook, and save society” (59 members on Facebook), I give you “Don’t invade our nasal rights, bathe before you board”.

In the words of Barack Obama, change is coming.

No doubt this will make the 9 O’clock BBC news soon, so look out for it then, but in the meantime, remain vigilant. I’m sure it’s not illegal to perform a citizen’s arrest on the grounds of “odour issues”, so get out there and do your duty.

That’s all for this time folks, but keep your eyes peeled for information regarding IBP around campus, and write it in your diary (24th June, Arena, 9.30pm onwards).

Ciao for now,


David Williams


Winner of the Golden Microphone (03/05/09, The Stephen and David Sunday Lunchtime show)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment